Have questions? Need to speak with someone? We are here to help!
Tuition Cost/ Cost of Attendance
How to receive Financial Aid
Confused about where to start applying for Financial Aid? Review our site for UFCD specific tips!
Interested in learning more about Federal Loans?
Want to learn more about UFCD D.M.D. Scholarships?
Advanced and Graduate Programs
Entering or Current Resident and want more information about Financial Aid?
Introduction to Financial Aid
What is financial aid?
Financial aid is money to help pay for educational programs. Aid can come from various sources: theU.S. federal government; thestate where you live; thecollege you attend; ora nonprofit or private organization.
There are two major categories of financial aid – gift aid and loans:
- Gift aid is money that does not have to be repaid. Scholarships and grants are examples of gift aid.
- Loan aid is money you borrow to help pay for school. Loans must be repaid, generally after graduation from your program.
Who is eligible for financial aid?
To be eligible for federal financial aid, you must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen/national oreligible non-citizen;
- Be enrolled at least half time in adegree-seekingprogram;
- Makesatisfactory academic progresstoward a degree;
- Not be in default on a student loan or owe a refund on student financial aid received at UFCD or any other institution;
- Register with the Selective Service Administration,if required to do so.
Certain financial aid programs have additional eligibility requirements. Please click the link in the left-hand menu for the program in which you are interested to find additional information.
Who should apply?
Anyone in need of financial aid should apply. All DMD, Graduate, & AEGD – Hialeah students who meet the above federal financial aid requirements may borrow federal loans.
How and when do I apply?
To apply for financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) atstudentaid.gov. The FAFSA opens on October 1 of each year.To receive the best financial aid offer, complete the FAFSA as early as possible.In order for UF Student Financial Aid and Scholarships to consider you for a financial aid package, you must be a degree-seeking, admitted student
All students shouldapply each and every year!Financial aid is not renewed automatically.
How does UF determine my budget?
Student budgets can only include costs of attendance (COA) for the individual student. The COA will include tuition, books/supplies, and allowance for living expenses. Additional living allowances for married students or students with children are not included. However, a standard child care allowance may be included, depending on the ages of the student’s children.
The COA is created by the University of Florida, not by the individual student. Clickhereto get a brief understanding of how UF calculates budgets.
What happens after I apply?
佛罗里达大学will receive your FAFSA information within 3-5 business days of completion. You are then responsible for following up on your financial aid status. You should monitor your postal mail and email for information. To send questions to the UFCD Financial Aid Coordinator please send an email toSFA-DEN@mail.ufl.edu.
Does UF verify information on the FAFSA?
“Federal Verification” is a review process, mandated by the federal government, to check the accuracy of the information reported on financial aid documents submitted by students and their families. Nationwide, the federal government selects more than 30 percent of student financial aid applications for verification.
If your application is selected for verification, you will receive official notification from the Department of Education via your Federal Student Aid Report (SAR).Do not submit any documents unless the UF Office for Student Financial Aid and Scholarships requests that you do so.Notification will be sent to you via email.
If I’m eligible for aid, when will I receive it?
Per regulations, federal financial aid cannot be disbursed more than 10 days prior to the first day of the semester. Most aid is disbursed during the first two weeks of each semester. Students who apply late or are selected for verification may receive their aid late. These students should be prepared to pay their initial costs from other sources.
What financial aid-related materials do I need to gather and retain?
Your financial aid records should contain the following:
- Photocopies or printouts of your completed FAFSA
- Photocopies of your/your parents’ income tax forms and W-2s
- Your Federal Student Aid Report or a photocopy of it
- Photocopies of forms or information used to complete your aid application and all correspondence with UF and other aid agencies
- Your financial aid award letter (or a copy) from UF
- Your FSA ID
You should keep all financial aid materials, especially your FSA ID, confidential and secured.
What are some things I can do to increase my chances of getting financial aid?
- Apply early.Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after Oct. 1 each year online atFAFSA on the web.
- Read instructions carefully.
- Respond quicklyto all requests from our office and the other aid agencies to speed up the process and get your money sooner.
- Ask questions.If you are unsure about any part of the application process, please contact the UFCD Financial Aid Office atSFA-DEN@mail.ufl.edu.
Where do I get information on my financial aid status and complete loan entrance/exit requirements?
Students with an active financial aid file can obtain information on their financial aid status on一个。佛罗里达大学.
Entrance counseling for Federal Direct Loans is completed online atStudentaid.gov.
退出咨询Federal Direct Loans is also completed online atStudentaid.gov. Other types of loans may have different exit counseling; students will be notified of such requirements.
Can I use Florida Bright Futures to pay for my DMD degree?
In certain situations, yes. Students who complete their bachelor’s degree in seven semesters or fewer, or 105 credits or fewer, may receive funding for one semester of graduate study, not to exceed 15 credit hours paid at the undergraduate rate.
Any financial aid (scholarship, grant, loan, etc.) received via any source other than the University of FloridaMUSTbe reported to the Office for Student Financial Affairs. Reports of outside aid should be submitted via the Additional Aid Reporting page in Student Self Service.Failure to report outside aid could jeopardize receipt of federal financial aid and/or result in repayment of federal financial aid funds.请联系UFCD金融援助协调员with questions about this process atSFA-DEN@mail.ufle.edu.
Financial Aid Options
Doctor of Dental Medicine
Graduate Dental Education
6-year Oral Surgery
AEGD – Hialeah
Advanced Dental Education
Internships, Fellowships, and Preceptorships
Financial Aid Resources
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)⤷
The primary financial aid application for D.M.D. and Advanced and Graduate students.
- ADEA Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator Demo⤷
- Creating a Budget⤷
- FACT (Financial Awareness Counseling Tool)⤷
- Loan Repayment Estimator⤷
- U.S. Department of Labor free scholarship search⤷
Tips and advice on finding and applying for financial aid.
- ADEA “Money Matters”⤷
- Review Loan totals⤷
Studentaid.gov provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants so that recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or grant data.
- Direct Loans⤷
Information about the U.S. Department of Education’s Direct Loan Program.
- 佛罗里达大学Office for Student Financial Affairs (SFA)⤷
Complete information about financial aid programs at UF.
View and sign loan documents, take borrower entrance counseling, sign master promissory note, consolidate Direct Loans, etc.
- 佛罗里达大学SFA video tutorials⤷
SFA has developed video tutorials for student loan programs. The videos contain information applicable to all aspects of your student loans at the University of Florida. The tutorials walk through the steps necessary to apply, accept and receive federal Direct Student Loans.
- 佛罗里达大学Office of Research: Resources for External Funding⤷
- 佛罗里达大学Veterans Affairs⤷
Information about veterans benefits and affairs; paperwork assistance.
- Office of the University Registrar⤷
222 Criser Hall or call 352-392-1374 ext. 7413
- Office of the University Bursar⤷
S113 Criser Hall, 352-392-0181,email@example.com