Questions & Answers
Administration & College Information

How do I get my desk, file, bookshelves, etc. moved?

Major moves will be handled by the Physical Plant Division. (There will be a charge for Physical Plant services.) Call 352-392-1121 to request moving services from the Physical Plant Division.

Who do I contact if I want my carpets or floors cleaned?

Call Work Management, Physical Plant Division, at 352-392-1121 to obtain a work order for carpet/floor care. For non-emergency services such as this, it is preferable to call during normal business hours.

我叫如果我看到泄漏the hallway or elevators?

Call Housekeeping in the Health Science Center at 352-392-1121.

Who do I call if a toilet is overflowing in the restroom?

Call Work Management, Physical Plant Division, at 352-392-1121 to obtain a work order and indicate that it is an urgent situation. Someone is available seven days a week to assist you.

Who do I call to report an elevator that is not working?

Call Work Management, Physical Plant Division, at 352-392-1121 to obtain a work order. You must provide the elevator car number when calling in an elevator issue. It is located above the door frame on each elevator. Someone is available seven days a week to assist you.

If I am locked out of my office, what can I do?

Contact your department administrator to obtain a key. If he/she is not available, contact Larry Abbott in the Dean’s Office at 352-273-5800. After hours, the University Police Department can be contacted at 352-392-1111 for assistance. Proper identification will be required to gain entry to your office.

Who do I call to take the campus taxi to my meeting?

Faculty and staff may reserve the campus taxi for official business by send an email There is more information available on their websitehere.

How do I get an Official Business Parking Permit for my department?

Contact the dean’s office, 352-273-5801. Official Business Parking Permits are ordered for the college in June of each year. The permits run from July 1 through the following June 30. The university now assesses a charge for each permit received by the college. When the permits have been received, each department will be contacted. A representative from the department may pick up the permit in the Dean’s Office, D4-4, with signature of receipt.

How do I reserve a conference room?

To reserve a time in specified conference rooms, set an appointment in the Outlook calendar. A full list of conference rooms, classrooms and instructional support staff contacts are locatedhere.

How do I make an appointment with Dr. Garcia?

All requests are processed by Dr. Garcia’s administrative assistant, Tammy Crews, who can be reached at 352-273-5802 Faculty requesting appointments are kindly asked to first meet with their chairperson or division director as appropriate prior to requesting a meeting with the dean.

Where can department faculty and staff get portraits taken?

UF Health Photography provides free professional portrait services for faculty and staff. Full information can be foundhere. When you get your photographs, please send them to Karen Rhodenizer at so they can be added to the college’s shared drive. If you are clinical faculty, please take photos in your white coat as well as business attire.

I would like a tour of the university; whom do I contact?

Campus information sessions and walking tours are scheduled on a regular basis. For more information and/or to sign up for a tour, please visitUF Admissions.

I would like to view the College of Dentistry’s mission, strategic plan, and updates from the dean. Where can I find this information?

I would like to learn more about the departments within the college. Where can I find this information?

back to top