- UF College of Dentistry Universal Masking Policy|Masking Tips for Non-Clinical Staff
- Self Care Tips: UF Department of Psychiatry|UF Human Resources Self Care Tips for a Sense of Normalcy
- HR COVID-19 Response for Employees: Scenarios, Directives, Notifications & Returning to Work
Patient Care Updates
- UF Health IT Services: Instructions for Phone Settings and Collaboration Tools
- All University of Florida students and faculty now have FREE, remote access to the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. This temporary, at-home (remote) access is valid while face-to-face teaching and learning activities are suspended.Get access here
- If you have been approved to work remotely and need information about the remote access work tools, please read the recently updatedUF Health IT Services Remote Access Instructionson the Bridge
- If you are not logged into the Bridge, remote access to the instructions can be found onUFHealth.org here
Having trouble logging in to the UF Health VPN client (Pulse Secure) or the HSC VPN client (CiscoAnyconnect)? Consider the below options for working remotely:
UF Gatorlink VPN can now connect you with UF Health resources: Due to recent changes, you can now connect to the UF Health network usingvpn.ufl.edu(Gatorlink VPN). To be able to access resources in UF Health from the Cisco AnyConnect client, you must usevpn.ufl.eduas your server address and your username must be formatted as:firstname.lastname@example.org/health
Detailed instructions are available in the following locations: (See page 8)
- UF Health IT Services Remote Access Instructionson the Bridge
- UF Health IT Services Remote Access Instructions (PDF)on UFHealth.org
A new way to connect to Remote Desktop without a VPN Client: If you are only using Remote Desktop to connect to your onsite computer, you might consider usingmydesktop.shands.orgto start your remote desktop session. This method does not require a VPN Client. Instructions can be found starting on page 4 in the above linked instructions.
DMD & Advanced Education Resources
- CODA Guidance on Interruption of Education Related to COVID-19
- ADA National Boards Update
- UF Student Libraries Memo and Information
- Visit the HSC Library online. The virtual library is still 100 percent open and available, with library faculty and staff ready to help. Remote services include instruction, research consultations, reference services, and digital interlibrary loan, as well as access to all digital collections, including journals, books, databases, and clinical tools
- Alternate way to access ECO:An alternate way to get access to ECO from home is to use the VMWare Horizon VDIs. Connect athttps://myufview.ahc.ufl.eduand log in using your Gatorlink. Make sure to change “Shands” to “UFAD” when you log in. If you select the HTML access, you can view the virtual desktop from within your browser without the need to install a client. Once you’re in, select “Axium Production Windows 10” to get essentially a UFCD workstation, which has a link to ECO on the desktop
Keep Teaching Resources
- University of Florida Keep Teaching website
- Resources for Clinical Teaching from Randy Graff, Director of UF Health Educational Technologies
Zoom Help & Virtual Backgrounds
- Keeping Zoom Meetings Secure
- UF Health Zoom Security Reminders and Tools
- UF Health IT: PHI Reminders When Recording in Zoom
The virtual background feature allows you to display an image or video as your background during a Zoom Meeting. This feature works best with a green screen and uniform lighting, to allow Zoom to detect the difference between you and your background. Watch avideoabout this feature. By default, your image will be mirrored. Be sure to uncheck the mirror image box to display the college’s logo correctly.
Instructions on how to use Zoom Virtual Background
To enable the Virtual Background feature for your own use:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- ClickMy Meeting Settings, if you are an account administrator orMeeting Settings, if you are an account member.
- Navigate to theVirtual Backgroundoption on theMeetingtab and verify that the setting is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the Status toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, chooseTurn Onto verify the change.
- If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the Group or Account level, and you will need to contact your Zoom administrator.
If you’re still having trouble with Zoom Virtual Background,refer to Zoom’s Help Center.